Thursday 14 November 2013

Literacy Homework: Please complete on paper and bring to school on Monday, 18th November.


What do you think of Scrooge from 'A Christmas Carol'? Write a letter to him telling him your opinion of him. You may like to offer him some advice about how he could change for the better.

Who can remember the definitions of some of the words we found from Dickens' original text?

-boisterous
-despoil
-onslaught
-plundered

Were there any others that you remember? Please comment here.

10 comments:

  1. Boisterous means noisy and lively

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you missed ensued,which means a result

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means: happened afterwards, or as a result.

      Can you put it in a sentence?

      Delete
    2. Yes:My turtle jumped of a building as a ensue it died.

      Delete
    3. Close! Ensued means 'happened as a result of.'

      You could say: My turtle jumped off a cliff and death ensued.

      Delete
  3. what colour pens can you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrooge looks really old and wrinkly. Does he look a little like that in the movie.I haven't seen the movie but my older brother has seen on e type of the movie. The on that is really scary. He said some of his friends were really freaked out after seeing the movie.Do you know what belle looks like in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of questions there, but not many question marks! I haven't seen the film yet, but I have read the book many times.

      Delete
  5. I just came back from the swimming gala, luckly I came first place so I got a gold medal. I AM OVER THE MOON!!!!!

    ReplyDelete