Wednesday 6 November 2013

Literacy homework

A simple sentence has a subject and only one verb. E.g, The tiger growled.

A compound sentence is made when you join together two main clauses with a conjunction.
E.g, I don't like bananas but I love strawberries.

A complex sentence is formed when you join a main clause and a subordinate clause. E.g, Although I was scared, I carefully crossed the bridge.


Write a short story using different sentence structures decided by a roll of the dice.

Roll 1: Write a short, simple sentence. Maximum six words.

Roll 2: Write a compound sentence of 10-20 words.

Roll 3: Write a complex sentence. Minimum 20 words.

Roll 4: Start sentence with a conjunction and a subordinate clause.

Roll 5: Insert a sound effect, one word and an exclamation point.

Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. One wet and damp day.Because of the weather, I felt sick.All you could hear was tip tip! The weather was horrible,but I liked it.Although it was wet,I still enjoyed playing outdoors.I enjoyed running but i didnt like skipping.Because it got late, my mum needed to go work and it was time to go to my nannys house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined football. Since I was good, I played for two teams. I seem to get tired easily and always come home short of breath. In case it was raining, wich it was, I brang an umbrella .In order to win the match, you have to concentrate on the ball. when a hail stone hit the ball it went SPLAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a snowy Christmas morning. Although it was freezing, I slowly walked around my garden and made footprints in the crisp white snow. My garden was a winter wonderland and shimmered in the daylight. As I walked around my garden the snow went CRUNCH! Even though it was very cold I played all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my father said I am allerject nuts and soya sause but my mother said I am not allerject to nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry miss but I did not know that we were meant to make a story

    sara said "mum am I allerject to anything " mum said " go ask your dad that question dad said"your allerject to nuts but your mother says that you are not allerject to anything but soya milk as you know already

    ReplyDelete