Monday 10 March 2014

Homework


Homework: Week beginning 10th March 2014

Monday:




These spellings will be tested on Friday, 14th March.

Tuesday:

Mathletics. If your child cannot access Mathletics at home, please let us know. Thank you!

This homework is due in by Monday, 17th March.

Wednesday:

Aliens visit the earth, and the first person they encounter is a six-year-old girl. Due to a strange quirk of their culture, they decide that the girl is the rightful ruler of the world.

Write a diary entry based on the girl’s experience that day.

This homework is due in on Thursday, 13th March.

Thursday:

NASA are recruiting for their next space mission. Write a letter of application for a job to NASA justifying why you should be chosen as a Space Scientist.

 

This is a formal letter and therefore should have the following to be successful:

·         In a formal letter, addresses, date, greeting and sign-off are correctly placed;

·         The first paragraph tells who the writer is and explains the reason for writing;

·         The middle paragraphs deliver the necessary message;

·         The letter states clearly what you would like the recipient to do;

·         You used the appropriate greeting and sign-off; and

·         A line space indicates new paragraphs.

 

This letter is due in on Friday, 14th March.

 

Friday:

Make a fact sheet about asteroids. What do they look like, what are the bigger ones called, and what danger may they hold for us on Earth? This is due in on Monday, 17th March.

4 comments:

  1. Dear diary, Tuesday 11th march 2014

    It was a magical day for me, because Aliens came to my house and said" you must be our beautiful queen!" Later they whisked me away to there planet it was amazing the whole place was purple and blue they even had robots! Later on, we celebrated by having a great colourful ceremony. Then I realised that I missed my family a lot.
    They should have been here with me. So to cheer me up, the stinky slimy aliens performed a unusual and curious dance by shaking their bottoms until they changed colour like disco lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Diary

    I was walking down the street feeling bored.My mum was feeding my little brother,all of a sudden some strange objects appeard like a disco ball.I blamed my eyes I thought it was my imagination but it was not.They walked towards me like im Queen.I was startled, they said i was beatiful.A few moments later they put a gold crown on me I did not have a clue what was going on.These were not some ordinary humans they were aliens.They treated me like I was Queen I tried to persuade them that I was an ordinary girl but they refused...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wednesday 12 March 2014
    Dear Diary,
    Today was the weirdest and funniest day of my whole life!

    I saw gigantic aliens and know they're my personal slaves.Your probably thinking how I did that ;let me tell you.

    It all stared when I heard banging in a dark,gloomy cave I went for a little look and then I heard a evil voice it shouted "what do you us do for you, your Majesty. I immediately knew I can have slaves!
    I acted as if I was their master and went charging to all the banks I sight

    love from
    polly
    (Hippolitter)
    P.S.I felt sorry for the aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear diary,

    Guess what, today five weird looking Aliens approached me.They slowly got grip of my shoulders and dragged me away.Unexpectedly I arrived at a funny looking place with barbed wires surrounding the entrance.As I slid under the barbed wires,trying not to prick my thumb.There stood an alien with a crown.He placed it on my head as he said a tuneful chant.I wondered if he was playing or actually promoting me to be their Queen.I stood up and they got up on their knees.I heard a noise at the door.At that moment fear gripped me like icy fingers.Not to worry though it was just my parents checking if I was ok.After I gave my parents a hug I thanked the Aliens for giving me this honor.

    ReplyDelete