Tuesday 18 March 2014

Homework


Homework: Week beginning 17th March 2014

Monday:

 

These spellings will be tested on Friday, 21st March.

Tuesday:

Mathletics. If your child cannot access Mathletics at home, please let us know. Thank you!

This homework is due in by Monday, 24th March.

Wednesday:

Look at the images that will be displayed on your class blog.

Write a short poem inspired by one or more of these images describing the space journeys involved.

Try to use figurative language such as similes, metaphors and personification in your poem.

This homework is due in on Thursday, 20th March.

Thursday:

Imagine that you are one of the astronauts living for six months on board the International Space Station.

Write an email to a member of your family describing life living in space.

Describe your views from the space station, what it is like living in zero gravity and the challenges that you face.

This is due in on Friday,21st March.

Friday:

Watch this sci-fi clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTKg3mCia94. This is a short ‘documentary’ about Pandora, the planet from the film Avatar. Design a space vehicle for landing on the planet, what special tools would it need?

This is due in on Monday, 24th March.

 


8 comments:

  1. Dear Dad,
    I miss you a lot but I am having the best adventurous time in the space station Venus. The Earth from far far away looks like a tiny globe. The space around Earth is fantastic because me and my crew can see all the glimmering stars that are eyes blinking at us. When we leave the station, it feels like we will fall but the zero gravity pulls us up as if a giant is grabbing us and pulling us up. The really hard challenges are eating our food as the food floats about if we don't force it carefuuly into our mouths.
    But I am really enjoying it and you don't need to worry about me.

    Love from Ophelia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing Ophelia! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mum ,
      I am on the Moon, and to be honest it is the weirdest place ever been to. Firstly there is a odd creature ,half Lion and half chicken , on the Moon they also have internet connection .

      From Parth
      P.S It is really scary When you jump.

      Delete
  3. Dear parents,

    I can't sleep because of your importance.Flashes of memories keep on coming into my brain thinking about happy times.Have you come across such a engaging space station?It's absolutely fantastic!There you lay in a place with zero gravity constant thoughts filling your mind,for not seeing friends and family for half a year.A jewel with colours of white and blue in the distance. My crew are inspirational,supportive and amazing.I trust them with all my heart.So don't you worry i will always love you.

    Love from your daughter karima.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thursday homework:

    Dear Dad,
    I'm really enjoying my trip in the Internatinal Space Station and have finaly started to get used to things.It is AMAZING especially the veiw. I have been able to pin point were we live on Earth but it took me a really long time to realise Earth was actually Earth.From up here it look's like a giant unique marbel.The stars in the sky are like one million sun's above us litting up our way.I also need to get used to ZERO gravity because I will go to eat,research and more but as soon as I blink it will disapear.One relly hard challenge is eating liquid meals,so I really cant wait to get back and eat one real and propper meal
    see you all soon
    Love from Jada xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Astronaut astronaut flying high,
    Seeing everything in the sky.
    Worker worker working so hard ,
    Like a rino charging so fast.
    Viewing the earth from afar,
    Next to him is the swirling finger milkybar.
    The moon was a big popcorn,
    Looking at the moon was emotional because he felt reborn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mum,
    Life in space is cool!the Earth looks like a giant marble floating in the middle of nowhere.As I sit,starring out of the window Im wondering to myself how in the world did I get here.I can see the dark,gloomy and empty atmosphere around me,as if it is glaring at me.I feel alone,cold,blue but I wont be if your beside me,it feels like Im the only person around here.Just me myself and I.Its magical with zero gravity,I cant even describe.You HAVE TO come to space sometime in your life,mum just think about all the stars youll see.I miss you to bits,I miss you so much there are two tiny tears rolling down my cheek.The twinkling stars shine so bright they half blind me.I can even see my own footsteps when I walk on the moon!

    stay in touch.
    lot of love Lana

    ReplyDelete